Forest Kindergarten / Outdoor Preschool
Preschool / Pre-K / Kindergarten, Ages 3–7
Monday – Thursday 9 AM–2 PM | $55/day
2 days or 4 days a week
Monday – Thursday 2–5 PM | $20/day
Monday – Friday 4–5 PM | $10/day
A youth mentoring program
Youth mentors ages 8–12 shape leadership skills at the Forest School.
Ages 8–10 | $55/day
Ages 11–12 | $45/day
Join us at the Medford Pavillion of the County Farm Park for our morning circle time. We will sing songs, share gratitudes, and explore the beauty of our natural surroundings with a short wander. This weekly Open House is a great opportunity for families of young children considering their preschool options to get to know our school culture, be immersed in nature, and ask questions of the teachers. Free.
Parent & child nature class for little ones
Join us for this outdoor parent-child class for children ages 2 to 6 years at the Ann Arbor Forest School. We will enjoy circle time with singing and storytelling, and explore nature through craft activities, games, studying local plants and animals, and/or a short wander to a special nature spot in the adjacent County Farm Park. This class is a great opportunity to meet other young families interested in nature-connection and to experience Ann Arbor Forest School’s facility and educational offerings.
Ages 2–6 with a parent or caregiver
Wednesdays 9:30 AM–11 AM | Starting 9/12
$15 drop-in | $65 for 5 class package
An Extraordinary Outdoor Experience.
Your tuition includes:
- A Small Class Size. We have twelve students and two teachers, allowing for preschoolers to form close bonds and to receive the individual attention they need.
- High-Quality Gear Recommendations for Outdoor Play. We advise parents on specialized seasonal clothing designed to keep kids safe—from rain gloves and balaclavas to Canadian boots and Norwegian thermal underwear.
- Travel / Outings. Each day we venture out into the community. Your tuition includes summer pool memberships, daily field trips, and more.
- Arts and Cultural Activities. We enjoy regular guest teachers, such as musician Joe Reilly.
- Nutrient dense snacks. We provide wholesome snacks to nourish our students. Many parents have been impressed by the positive impact on their children of the food we serve. You can see our menu here.
Note: We accept payment from the Department of Human Services Child Development Fund and Child Care Network Solutions Family Support Program. Work-study opportunities available.