JOIN US YEAR-ROUND OR FOR SUMMER SESSION!
Forest Kindergarten / Outdoor Preschool
Preschool / Pre-K / Kindergarten, Ages 3–6
Monday – Thursday 9:00 AM–2:00 PM | $55/day
2 days or 4 days a week
Fridays| inquire about availability
Monday – Thursday 2:00- 5:00 PM | $20/day
After 5:00 PM and Fridays| inquire about availability
We spend our summers gardening, participating in the Cobblestone Farm Market, and exploring County Farm Park Forest and Creek.
Students are welcome to join us for summer only.
Two-week minimum. Rates above apply.
Parent & Child Program
Facilitated nature connection through crafts, storytelling, music-making and circle time.
Ages 2-6 with a parent or caregiver
Tuesdays 9:30 AM–11:00 AM | $120/6 sessions
A youth mentoring program
Youth mentors ages 8–12 shape leadership skills at the Forest School.
Ages 8–10 | $55/day
Ages 11–12 | $45/day
We operate year-round. While most children start after Labor Day or mid-June, applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
We close with the Ann Arbor Public Schools’ Thanksgiving and Winter Breaks. We also close the week of Memorial Day, the week of the Fourth of July, the first week of August, and the week before Labor Day.
An Extraordinary Outdoor Experience.
Your tuition includes:
- A Small Class Size. We have twelve students and two teachers, allowing for preschoolers to form close bonds and to receive the individual attention they need.
- High-Quality Gear Recommendations for Outdoor Play. We advise parents on specialized seasonal clothing designed to keep kids safe—from rain gloves and balaclavas to Canadian boots and Norwegian thermal underwear.
- Travel / Outings. Each day we venture out into the community. Your tuition includes summer pool memberships, daily field trips, and more.
- Arts and Cultural Activities. We enjoy regular guest teachers, such as musician Joe Reilly.
- Nutrient dense snacks. We provide wholesome snacks to nourish our students. Many parents have been impressed by the positive impact on their children of the food we serve. You can see our menu here.
Note: We accept payment from the Department of Human Services Child Development Fund and Child Care Network Solutions Family Support Program. Work-study opportunities available.